Friday, February 1, 2008

winter storm warning

...is currently in effect in my area. We woke up to 7-8 inches this morning and it has now started to snow again. I included the following picture because it shows the snow accumulation on top of the table.
It started snowing yesterday around 2 pm. I got a little nervous when it was still snowing 4 hours later and I realized that I was out of some grocery essentials...me and everyone else in my neighborhood. The grocery store was packed with people- imagine Wednesday night before Thanksgiving...only worse. I was only buying a few things, milk, cheese, bananas, tortillas (you know- the essentials) but it still took me almost 20 minutes to get through the check-out line. The guy in front of me was buying a cart full of Lean Cuisine meals and yogurt, apparantly those were his essentials.
As we watched Lost last night, the ticker along the bottom of the screen listed schools and other placed that were going to be closed today. I even got a call from Seth's preschool teacher saying that his school was cancelled for today. Jon anxiously waited for any news of his school being closed. No luck. Everything in our town is closed today- public schools, government offices, library, etc...except Jon's school.
So it's kind of nice today to have an excuse to stay home. My kids are begging me to let them go outside and play in all this snow, but that is a "Daddy job" so they have to wait until he gets home this afternoon.
I'm really missing Arizona right now.

6 comments:

Carlie said...

seriously, i had the air conditioner on in my car today.
that is a ton of snow!

Mat said...

That's an adventure. How many lean cuisines can a dude eat in a 48 hour period?

Love the new blog look BTW.

mmhamblin said...

Hang in there! Someday you may miss the snow when you don't have it anymore(believe me, this is actually possible!) I love the new background!

JenW said...

love your background! seriously, are lean cuisines even good? good call, making snow-playing a "daddy job". it would be for me too! i hate being cold!

Mindy said...

Arizona misses you too. I too, like Carlie ran my air condtioning on the day of your storm. I don't know how you are doing it in that ice box over there. I don't think I would ever leave the house. Is it scary to drive?
I like your new blog backround. Where did you find it?

Audrey said...

what happened to your wallpaper? Where did you get it? Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet. I'm a slacker, but I'll get there.