Monday, February 18, 2008

a little late...

This meme has been going around for a while. Many people have "tagged" me but I'm just now getting around to participating. Sorry, I should be better about keeping up with the blog-o-shere.

What is his name? Jon (formally Jonathan Walter)
How long have we been married? 7 1/2 years. Seriously, where did the time go?
How old is he? In his twenties for 14 more days.
Who eats more? Um.....I'm embarrased to report that we both eat about the same amount. I remember there was a time when I couldn't finish a Chipotle burrito by myself, but those days are long gone.
Who said I love you first? It went like this- we were standing on the driveway to my house and Jon said "I'm going to say something, but you don't have to respond if you don't want to." Just in case you're wondering, I did respond in agreement.
Who is taller? He's about six feet tall, I measure up at about five feet, eight inches.
Who sings better? Those of you who know us, know this answer. Jon is way more muscially talented than I am. I enjoying singing (lately it's pretty much been hymns on Sunday or songs to my kids), but Jon has an awesome singing voice- regular or rockstar.
Whose temper is worse? We both have a temper. The difference between us is Jon tends to get mad and then get over it fairly quickly, whereas I have trouble letting things go and therefore stay mad longer.
Who is smarter? This question is like the previous one- relative to the situation. Jon has a very creative mind which is useful in his chosen field of study and contributes to his musical talent. I have a very un-creative, linear mind which was helpful in my chosen field of study but quite annoying in the real world.
Who mows the lawn? We have never had a lawn. By the time we do, I think we'll have Seth mow it.
Who pays the bills? I organize the finances in our house but currently, Jon is the only one bringing home the money to pay the bills.
Who does the dishes? Both of us. Pretty much every night, we work together until the kitchen is clean.
Who cooks dinner? I really hate cooking- every aspect from the menu planning to the grocery shopping to the actual execution with children crying under my feet. I dread dinner time. Because he knows this- Jon will usually cook 2-3 times per week. And he is a fabulous cook. He comes up with dishes by just throwing together ingredients (which is something I cannot do).
Who drives when you are together? I also hate driving. (Since we moved here, I have backed up into a parked car on 2 different occasions. Plus with the snow and ice....I really, really hate it.) So Jon always drives. (Although, when we moved out here, I did drive our van 75% of the way. So I can drive, I just don't like to.)
Who is more stubborn? We both are at times, but I think my times are more often.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Jon, no question. (See above answer about not staying mad very long.)
Who has more friends? We have a lot of the same friends. In general, Jon is better at maintaining relationships with friends. So since moving here, I have had to try and be more like him in this way.
Who wears the pants in the family? This is a really dumb question. We both wear pants.

3 comments:

Carlie said...

that was very cute and informative! one question- were the porch lights flickering during this love moment? (thank you dad!)
i'm also glad to read you both wear pants. you wouldn't have many friends if you didn't. :)

walt or jean said...

you, more stubborn? :) maybe, but definitely more hilarious too.

so glad you responded in agreement and became part of the family. :) peace.

walt or jean said...

whoa, this is michelle on my dad's account, sorry about that. :) I was fixing your link on his new blog and forgot to change names.