Monday, August 13, 2007

...but it's a dry heat




I never truely knew what this meant until now. My first taste of extreme heat coupled with extreme humidity occured when I stepped out into a St. Louis afternoon. Yes, the arch was spectacular. Yes, the Mississippi River was vast and awesome to behold. But I could not wait to get back into the air conditioned comfort of my vehicle and get the heck out of there. The humidity during our first week here in Champaign has been more of the same. I guess when you walk outside and feel like you've just walked into a sauna, you know you're in the midwest during summertime.

I miss Arizona, give me 115 degree heat with 10% humidity any day.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Haha. I totally agree. I am really fighting this Texas thing! Seriously you can walk outside and taste the moisture in the air.