Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"let's start the fun!"


We had a fun visit in early June from Grandma B, Papa and Rach. Here is a link to the web album of pictures from the trip.  (I've also included a ton of links in this post so that if any of you want to visit us too- you can see all the fun stuff we can do together!)

We did a lot of fun things around town. Starting off the first week with Grandma, we went to the farmers' market and both local public libraries. Grandma knew all the fun kids books to check out and we came home with about 30 books from each library. The kids really enjoyed listening to all of them, especially the Robert Munsch and SkippyJon Jones books.

When Papa and Rach came, we all went to the Childrens' Discovery Museum in nearby Normal (not a joke), which was totally awesome- the coolest childrens' museum I've been to. Three floors of all types of hands-on exhibits including a huge train table city (Jonas's favorite), a fake food grocery store with a check-out lane (Maryn's favorite), climbing maze (Seth's favorite) and painting on plexiglass which we all enjoyed.
We also went and saw Up- great movie, went to our awesome local pool complex (with water slides), ate custard, played Guitar Hero and Tetris, spent time playing ball outside, got Mom hooked on FNL, ate lunch at the Flattop, visited the Amish.... We're thinking next time we might make the trip to Chicago or St Louis for some more fun activities.
Ice cream in very rainy Arthur.
Lunch at the Flattop- sooo yummy!

It was a great trip and we were all sad to see them go. Seth got very emotional when they had to leave and spent the next few days tearily talking about how he wished they lived here in IL with us. Luckily, we plan to spend Christmas in AZ- so we'll see them again soon.

Thanks for the great trip!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

my favorite of the whole web album was the very last one, the ice cream one. LOVED IT! Love each of the personalities of your babies! glad you had such a fun time with your fam. can't wait to chill with you myself.

Lara Neves said...

You guys are having a rockin' summer! I won't tell my kids, or they'll think I'm abusive. :)

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I like how you included links to so many things- way to use the technology :)

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

I just looked at the web album and had to make more comments...I love that Seth has a Weezer shirt! Sweet! And I love the World of Goo sculpture- such a fantastic idea- I'm going to have to steal it :) It looks like you guys have a lot of great kid friendly places to go and things to do close to where you live. Awesome! That's a big factor in why I prefer Tempe over Tucson- there's just so much more cool stuff for kids to experience :)

Audrey said...

That does sound like you have tons of fun stuff to do and it's probably not 109 degrees there either!

The Watkins Family said...

That museum does look awesome! I totally want to go! Let me know next time you go.