I had grand plans last week for getting things done early so as not to be rushing around this week. Alas, it was not to be. Last week turned into "the week where I babysit everyone else's kids". (And not to offend those of you whose kids I watched. It wasn't actually hard to do, it's just all those hours of me not being able to do anything else added up.)
So here I sit, I have three more days to accomplish all the tasks on my to-do list- and I'm blogging, which isn't supposed to be on the list. To give you an idea, here's a condensed version of my list-
- Make 15 pairs of hairbows (yes, that's pairs) to put in consignment for the big holiday shopping weekend (I finished these last night, thankfully)
- Make 12 snowman-out-of-lightbulb ornaments for an ornament exchange party (that I will be missing while I'm gone) this includes painting and speckling (with snow paint) the lightbulbs and crocheting little hats and scarves for each
- Host and feed hot dogs to everyone at playgroup this morning
- Laundry and packing for 5 (using only one under-50-pounds suitcase and 4 small carry-ons)
- Gather up toys, electronic gadgets (extra wii-motes, etc), and other things to distract the kids on the flight and find some way to pack them too
- Clean so that we don't have to come home to a messy house
- Flu shots for 5 (Jon isn't happy about this one)
- Enrichment tonight (might need to skip)
- Maryn to ballet and Seth to Tae Kwon Do tomorrow
I could go on, but just reading that list makes me tired.
Despite being overwhelmed. I am so so so excited to come home and see family and friends, many with new babies I have never met. It's going to be a great trip, like the light at the end of this very cluttered tunnel.
We'll make it!