Monday, January 12, 2009

vacation brief

Here's the summary:
days away from home- 19
miles traveled (in a van with 3 kids)- 3200
states visited and/or driven through- 11

I just looked through the pictures on my camera from our vacation and as usual, I'm disappointed that we didn't take more. I always forget about it, especially towards the end.

I have posted highlights of the pictures we did manage to take here. My sister has posted a few that she took while we were visiting here (this includes some from my brother's wedding of which I took no pictures! dumb!). Jon took some pics from his cell phone while we were on the road (most of them while driving). All are really cool and show the changing landscape, they are here.

Despite the crazy amounts of car-time we put in, the trip was way fun and we were able to accomplish many important things during the course of it. We visited with a few old friends, spent many hours shopping for treasures at the DI, played lots of Wii, ate good food, spent lots of quality time with loving grandparents, saw my brother get married (on an 80 degree day in Mesa!), laughed a ton, and ate more and more good food.

The following pics are some of the highlights of the trip.
Jon and Seth shoveling on the first day it snowed. Those of you in Utah for that Christmas week know what I'm talking about! Many more inches were to come!


Our family Christmas evening. This picture was taken in an effort to show the kids' new pajamas (Jonas and Seth match). In the picture taken right before this one, Jonas is waving the sword in my face.


(in this picture, L to R: Uncle Dave, Grandpa, Katie, Jonas [in stroller], me, Grandma Jeannie holding Seth and Emily holding Maryn. Jon was taking the picture) We went to see the holiday lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake. It was beautiful! Cold and slippery, but really beautiful. The kids did really well considering they were hungry, cold and tired. (Jonas ended up falling asleep in the stroller.) Seth's favorite part was "the big Jesus statue" (in the visitor's center). Earlier that same day Jon and I were able to do a session at that temple. Interesting (because it's live- never experienced that before!). I love the history surrounding these old buildings (at Temple Square). What a feat of architecture in a place that was essentially, at that time, out in the middle of nowhere. They are beautiful.


The kids with Grandma B in more new Christmas pajamas. After my brother's wedding in Mesa, when we got to Tucson we got to have second Christmas! Hoorah!
Thank you to all our family (and friends) who made this trip so memorable. Thank you for taking care of us and showering us with gifts and love. We love you.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

19 dats!?! I beat you are so happy to be home and on a schedule again! Glad you guys had a great Christmas holiday!

Pat and Dave said...

Come by anytime... we will do it all again!!!

Mom