Monday, October 6, 2008

crafting and ballerinas

Thanks to conference weekend, I was able to finish this hat and booties set for a friend. You can't tell in the picture (I have no idea about camera lighting) but they are a really pale pink with white ribbons.

These are some large swaddling blankets I made for the same friend. (I actually feel badly for saying that I "made" them because all I did was do a roll hem and a straight stitch on the sewing machine. Seriously easy.) She came with me to pick out the fabric. Isn't the owl one on top just the cutest?!


The following pictures are of Maryn in her ballet class. She is enjoying every second of the 30 minutes each Wednesday. (The teacher only allows parents to visit class on the last Wednesday of the month.) While observing the class, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the teacher is actually teaching the girls ballet positions, using the correct piano music for each.
The ballerinas in the pictures are (left to right) Zoe, Samantha and Maryn.









As an amazing coincidence, two of my best friends (one mentioned previously) are being induced with their third babies tomorrow. (In different states, one having a boy and one having a girl.) Best wishes to both of you for minimal pain, healthy crying babies, and speedy recoveries!

11 comments:

JenW said...

little girls in ballet classes have to be some of the cutest things i have every seen! i'm excited for avery to go if she wants to:) and that owl fabric...some of my favorite...i pretty much like owls a lot! good choices! (and you definitely made those, no mitigating explanations!)

Melissa said...

I heard you're coming to visit in November! Can't wait to see you!

Lacey said...

Love everything you made! It will be so fun come November!!

Audrey said...

Yikes, I'm so jealous of your friend who lives close to you. You hooked her up with some seriously cute stuff.
I told everyone you're coming for a visit and we're all excited to see you!!!!

Michelle said...

I'm inspired, girlfriend. love the pretty blankets, and of course those booties...so fab. I guess friend who lives by you is having a girl?

you're the coolest. you know it.

Carlie said...

everyone who knows you loves your bootie. i mean booties.
so cutie. i need a new baby hat for this winter! i'll set you to work when you are here visiting.

peachytiffers said...

Those pictures of ballet are priceless. I love the crafts!

Brooke said...

HA! I think I have more friends upset than I am. I guess I am just too out of it to be mad. She wasn't going to charge me for "her part" in damaging my teeth. . . but I get to pay the oral surgeon. I don't even know how you would fight something like that. They had to come out eventually, just not on my time any more. Mike is upset, that he didn't have a chance to schedule time off.

Pat and Dave said...

I have never attempted a hat or booties! I have a hard time reading croqueting patterns. The blankets are cute and Maryn and company are dolls! How fun! They can have their own little recital every weekend!

Tyra said...

Super cute stuff!! Did you knit or crochet the hat and booties?

Tina said...

Tyra- The answer to your question is crochet. I can knit too, but not as well and I find it very limiting. Thanks for your interest.